NOX 5.75% 8.2¢ noxopharm limited

Smithy A local identity in our community passed last week. He...

1. 1,077 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    Smithy

A local identity in our community passed last week. He suffered from primary brain cancer (GBM).

He was diagnosed eighteen months ago and at that time, he underwent surgery at John Hunter hospital to remove the tumour. The last ten days of his life were spent with family and friends at home in a palliative state.

My wife and I visited him several times during that particular period. The final farewell was massive. It almost required an Uber to get from where we could get a park, to then make the rest of the journey to family home.

It made me reflect an any number of things. First and foremost for the family. Their daughter in law for instance, carries their second child in her eight month of pregnancy. On this child's impending birth, they will never celebrate the moment with the grandfather. As a grandfather myself, it carried particular significance. Hugging the son before their return to North Carolina in the US, was a moment I won't forget quickly.

Okay, so bringing Noxopharm into this. Remember with the DAART 1 and LuPin trials, these men have little in terms of life expectancy. Professor Kelly has outlined their prognosis explicitly and has well clarified that they have expended all their medical options - other than perhaps imminent palliative care - either in a hospital or at their home. In other words, no real difference to our friend who recently passed.

From what we have learned thus far from the interim DARRT results, we know that Veyonda delivers both a clinical and quality of life benefit to men who are most likely to die without the treatment.

I don't know any of them personally but unlike our friend, a significant number of these men are still alive and appear to be responding.

The company has plans for a second LuPin trial The DARRT trial has been expanded at considerable expense. The reasons for these development appear to be obvious. We will know more during the next quarter.

I'm not selling Smithy. Sadly, but our friend's death is testament to the work that Professor Kelly and the Noxopharm team are doing.

I have reason to have faith. Hope this helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.005(5.75%)
Mkt cap ! $23.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.7¢ 8.7¢ 8.1¢ $50.65K 608.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 131400 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.6¢ 7168 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.