MAG 0.00% 7.8¢ magmatic resources limited

There could be many reasons people are selling. Impatience for...

1. 820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 462
    There could be many reasons people are selling. Impatience for instance, speculative trading, lack of confidence, lack of understanding, unworldly expectations, expecting a cash raise soon, etc. Doesn't really phase me for a enjoy buying certain companies on weakness.

It is true, there are a lot of 'investors' and 'traders' in mining who haven't done adequate due diligence on general terms and concepts used in the sector, and this could be partly the factor for the selloff as well. You can see it subtly in the way the sector trades on announcements as well as an overall comparison of valuations.

High grade seems to be the first thing newbie investors look for in a company, for they don't conceptualise and integrate other very important deposit metrics. Hence the valuations of high grade, thin, hard to mine, likely high strip, high cost ounces like those of Bellevue or Musgrave exceeding those of (for example) low grade, larger, overall better deposits like Tudor Gold (likely 30M ounces eq), Troilus Gold, Orezone, etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.