IPT 3.45% 1.4¢ impact minerals limited

Ann: Lake Hope Scoping Study, page-68

1. 2,109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 248
    All very good Silvo, but I'm not in any way writing off the forthcoming EV transition, nor the Battery technology (HPA coated Separators included) that is morphing at a rate that would have been inconceivable only a few years ago. In my opinion the huge driver for EV production is not the Buyer. Rather it will be driven by the Manufacturer. The End User will just have to get onboard like it or not.

The reasons? It's all to do with the cost to produce, and the ongoing Warranty/After Sale service/Maintenance.

A fully electric car has only a fraction of the moving parts of an ICV.

In an EV, there is no oil change., Most current model EVs don't have a transmission., They have no need for radiators, fuel injectors, gas tanks, valve trains or exhaust systems. No clutch or gears. Equating to unbelievably quick and smooth acceleration.
    Add to that, Regenerative braking (taking your Foot off the accelerator). Meaning you won't need to get your brakes changed anywhere near as often, all the while putting Charge back into your Battery.

All this equates to miniscule after Sale service and or ongoing maintenance costs for both Manufacturer and End User.

Efficiency; "EVs convert over 77% of the electrical energy from the grid to power at the wheels". Conventional gasoline vehicles convert only about 12%–30% of the energy stored in gasoline to power at the wheels.

The current hesitation in the take up of supply (in the West) is in fact a blessing in disguise in my opinion. It will allow the constraints in raw material supply a chance to get up to speed.

If you haven't already/ Jump in One and go for a spin!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.