TAS 20.0% 0.4¢ tasman resources ltd

Re investor psychology and share values, I recall when FMG did...

1. 4,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 582
    Re investor psychology and share values, I recall when FMG did the opposite by conducting a 1 for 10 consolidation (if that is the correct term), which saw it’s $110 share converted to $11. Why this was done still seems unclear to me and I welcome any thoughts as to why a company might do such a consolidation. I know many FMG holders would be pleased to hold at circa $200 per share today. Perhaps it is irrelevant though if one considers the mcs of BHP and RIO into the equation.

I recall that there was a period of increased volatility and with the company facing IO pricing headwinds, saw the sp present well below $10 even below $5.

For TAS though, my basic view is that a 10 for 1 consolidation could have the positive psychological impact of taking it out of the ‘penny dreadful’ situation. It just depends upon how investors gauge the risk/rewards involved arguably.

At this point, as others have intimated, with assay results pending, cash in the bank, the reality that BHP is considering restructuring the OD towards smaller (presumably more efficient) operations, then Twiggy may be considering his own take on owning (possibly outright?) such an operation.

Whatever the holding ratios, TAS holders, including our new sophisticates whom are presumably looking to eventually make money, will be keen to know those results of course. The recent announcement has unquestionably propelled us to circa 10c, with a broad margin between 8pc and 12c. That degree of volatility will likely continue as the new shares are on the market in my view, if not just because of jockeying around the assay results but also because the sophisticates may well drive further interest in order to break through above that psychological 10c barrier. As we also know the sp will then change hands in half cents and not 10ths of a cent, which adds to the consolidation questions as well.

Just personal musings as I wait for things to be announced.
    Thanks again for your efforts MB and GLTAH, esp.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $2.850M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $106 26.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2314098 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 5888266 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.32pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TAS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.