SO4 0.00% 31.0¢ salt lake potash limited

My first experience with a company going into liquidation was...

1. 4,872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2377
    My first experience with a company going into liquidation was exactly the opposite: 100% loss. It was a terribly expensive lesson:
    1. A "downramper" who offers evidence and logic is not a downramper but a contrarian.
    2. I ignore downrampers, but listen to contrarians... I don't necessarily follow a contrarian's opinions, but I at least add some caution to my sentiment.
    3. I will never fly a stock into the ground again.
    4. I will never see a stock price slump as an "opportunity to average down" again without an absolutely compelling business case.
    5. I will never invest so much money into a single stock again that I am too afraid to bail and take the loss, or trade the parcel like hell on volatility to recover what I can from it.
    6. "You haven't lost until you sell" is one of the most spectacularly stupid statements I have ever encountered. If the price is down then that wealth is lost. I will only ever reassess my positions based on now and the future; the past is gone.

I feel like the lessons have served me well since then, but I still bitterly regret how much it cost me to learn them. Hopefully there is something here that will be useful to others, and I'm giving it away for free.

I feel that the current ongoing debate is rather silly and pointless. I don't quite understand how you people can keep going around and endlessly around in circles repeatedly saying the same things when there is no new information available. What you say is either right or wrong. Saying it a second time doesn't make it righter or wronger.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SO4 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.