EVS 0.00% 5.4¢ envirosuite limited

Ann: Largest Latin American coal mine selects EnviroSuite-PEH.AX, page-8

1. 2,808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    Winning new customers is great but the real game changer IMO is if management can somehow exert enough pressure (indirectly) to make monitoring compulsory for companies which are at risk of polluting the environment or at risk of environmental disasters. Accomplishing that is easier said than done but a good start would be to have discussions with influential environmental groups, regulatory bodies, influential parties, insurance companies, unions (occupational health and safety for workers exposed to pollutants). Perhaps Envirosuite (or similar real time monitoring devices) could even be a requirement before a mining permit is approved.

Prevention is always better than cure. How many environmental disasters could have been avoided or minimised if real time monitoring was compulsory. How many companies are currently contaminating the environment as we speak because they don't have any real time monitoring systems in place. Envirosuite is a fantastic product but the reality is that if its not compulsory, many companies may choose not to adopt it especially if the costs outweigh the benefits.

At the moment, the consequences of damaging the environment are minimal as the penalties are apparently relatively low in most cases (based on an article I read). So it's cheaper for most companies to disregard it and only pay the penalties if and when they get caught. Wouldn't surprise me if some companies would rather not have Envirosuite as it would reveal how bad their mines or processes are for the environment.

Nevertheless, recent announcements are definitely a step in the right direction. We definitely need a lot more wins as the latest $400,000 contract over three years is not exactly a lot considering it's the largest coal mine in South America.

All the best to all shareholders.
    Last edited by binbin: 16/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.