LMG 2.08% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

"Could Teonva be in a position to develop spray roasters for...

1. 4,182 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113
    "Could Teonva be in a position to develop spray roasters for brown coal fly ash to Mag?"
    Yes, in any country processing brown coal (Not black coal), that they wish. From all indications, that proposition for fly Ash expansion is further down the track. As I have said recently, there are a number of opportunities in Australia alone.

The program for Latrobe Valley has changed a few times as @jumpstart has mentioned above. Nevertheless, the potential for the 10,000tpa to expand to 40,000 tp has been mentioned more than a few times over the last 1.5 yrs. It just has not been picked up on by a fair few.

The 100,000tpa plant with feed-stock of specifically ferro nickel slag is a very different animal in some ways.

We know by all reports that using ferro nickel slag is greatly more efficient in energy consumption and CO2 emissions as compared to fly Ash. (Half the operating costs compared to China)

We do know that the Hydromet process combined with thermal reduction will be used for ferro nickel slag.

What we do NOT know is how the hydromet/thermal reduction process is modified for the change in feed-stock.

Given that LMG have already:

1. Been in negotiations with potential partners for the 100,000tpa plant (Malaysia and Middle East).

2. LMG have just signed a binding MOU for 20yrs supply of ferro nickel slag @450,000tpa (Initially) with SLN.

3. LMG have engaged the services of Bechtel for PFS development for the 100.000tpa (Ferro nickel slag) plant.

4. LMG have engaged the services of Jasper Consult DMMC to identify and assist LMG in making the approach to appropriate potential partners for the 100,000tpa plant.

LMG surely have their ducks in a row and are powering ahead with what appears to be great confidence in the process and capability. Imo

Waiting with a worm on my tongue (Baited breath) for the next extensive Investor Presentation and/or Project Update.

Regards
    Ken

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.