LMG 2.08% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Yes @tropic I thank you."it will be interesting whether they...

1. 4,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113
    Yes @tropic I thank you.
    "it will be interesting whether they compete with the cement industry or collaborate with it"

Please note, the following commentary is not directed at you my friend. smile.png

To state the obvious: Marketing is NOT selling!

The number one statement reiterated by LMG over and over again regarding SCM is:
    "The SCM to be produced as a by-product to the Magnesium production will allow LMG to build demand for its product prior to its expansion." DYOR
    HOW I say HOW?

The following are various quotes from Investor Presentations over the last 5 years, excuse repetition, it is LMG's not mine. (DYOR)

" Valuable By-products – including SCM, char, and silica, which further offset operating costs for magnesium production" HOW?
    "Magnesium metal will be extracted from fly ash using a world- first hydrometallurgical extraction/thermal reduction process which includes the production of valuable by-products, minimising any waste streams and providing a more sustainable approach." HOW?
    "LMG is uniquely placed to benefit from increasing global demand for magnesium and local demand for SCM and amorphous silica." HOW?
    "Valuable by-products, including SCM and amorphous silica. These further offset operating costs for magnesium production." HOW?
    "LMG’s product can be used in the higher priced cement products such as shotcrete and special performing cements." HOW?
    " The 10,000 tpa demonstration plant will potentially allow for ~41,000 tonnes of SCM to be produced as a by product to the Magnesium production. This will allow LMG to build demand for its product prior to its expansion." HOW?
    "At full production, LMG expects to be a low-cost producer of magnesium and will produce at a much lower cost than other Magnesium global producers, due to the production of SCM and other saleable products made during LMG’s process." HOW?
    "LMG’s project remediates mining sites by recycling 100% of potentially hazardous wastes, like fly ash, into valuable saleable products." HOW?

Lastly, from the most recent presentation:
    "LMG produces not just magnesium but other valuable saleable products from its feedstock. These products generate some 40% to
    50% of its revenue
    . These additional revenues means LMG’s operating costs are competitive to China operating costs." HOW?

I do not give a Fat Rat why LMG perceives SCM and other products to be important and valuable. I want to know HOW!

"LMG’s demonstration plant will also use ferro nickel slag feedstock be able to produce up to 3.5 tonnes amorphous silica per tonne of Mg"
    i.e.
    350,000tpa of amorphous silica for the 100,000tpa plant using ferro nickel slag as feedstock!
    460,000tpa of SCM for the 100,000tpa plant using ferro nickel slag as feedstock!

That is over 800,000 tonnes of by-product per year! for the 100,000tpa of magnesium.

I just found this table from - Investment Presentation - AGM December 2020
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4838/4838402-ed9a7993cce518992dd975ffccd808d5.jpg

$1.1B (USD $820m) revenue x 45 % = AU$495,000,000 worth of by-products - Are you listening?

A generic question to anyone:
    If you do not think the by-products are important, have a think about 45% of your income. Is that important to you?

Last Presentation Link - Click Here

I am certainly not a down ramper.
    If you ever saw an advocate, see him here. Nevertheless, buyer be ware and informed.

Regards

Ken

Last edited by kengaroo: 15/11/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.8¢ 4.6¢ $49.09K 1.047M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 64217 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 90574 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.