CL8 0.00% 1.3¢ carly holdings limited

I think that is the right take on things. The business has...

1. 853 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    I think that is the right take on things. The business has improved, but price declined (like lots of the micro-cap tech stocks). It could also be that in reality, the price ran ahead of itself before. But this price is ridiculous.

What I think we don't understand (and therefore can't appreciate) is that it is super hard to launch a new business and it costs a lot of money before you generate any meaningful revenues. This is even harder for a two-sided market.

We don't know how much of the cash outflow is Mobilise vs DMC vs MyCaravan vs New Business vs Corporate Costs for being listed/Head Office. They will all be costing cash (otherwise they would have told us), but I suspect Mobilise has chewed up a bit (but less than it is worth). They never said the whole thing would be breakeven - only the DMC business (but that was also before needing to invest in the RACV deal). I'm sure as soon as they are confident on cashflow breakeven they will let us know.

(I'm speculating here, but perhaps RACV invested $1m because they knew that they would be hard to deal with and DMC would need to waste money dealing with them). I'm not sure how many people have tried to do deals and work with large and old businesses, but they are SO SO SO SLOW. I reckon CL8 can move heaps faster than RACV and that it is RACV that is the hold-up. Chris did mention in a few presentations that there are strong benefits from corporates, but the biggest downside is that they are very slow at doing things.

If Mobilise was a private startup company it would probably be raising money privately at $2-4m. MyCaravan would probably be around the same. DMC would probably be $10-15m+. And yet today, on the market you can buy all three of them (plus some cash thrown in as well) for just over $11m - so possibly half price.

And I reckon there must be material stuff happening in the background, which could get announced any time. Back in November one of the directors bought $15k of shares at 3.6c, and then topped up another $6k a few days later when the price dipped to 3.1c. And we've been 2c for a while and now just dipped below. I reckon the only reason they hadn't bought is because they couldn't. They couldn't risk buying and then having to announce something that could happen at any time. Right now they are in a blackout period until 4C is released, but I suspect more is happening in the background.

Cheers
    Marv

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CL8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.488M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 92826 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 101771 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CL8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.