FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

Fair call, lazy examples on my part hehe. My portfolio is mostly...

1. 39 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    Fair call, lazy examples on my part hehe. My portfolio is mostly US stocks and tech in particular, so I reached there by default For a US comparison, I guess you need to include both forms of direct shareholder returns - dividends and the cap-gains friendly stock buyback - to get a complete picture. Your man WB for instance didn't do either for 50 years in order to run a conservative balance sheet. Very very different approach to FMG.

Within the ASX200... a place I rarely venture into lol... let's see... Ansell is a boringly predictable business that has a payout ratio of ~40%, and Bluescope's is just 6% TTM if this morningstar data is correct. The core point being that different companies approach dividend policy differently - the examples were just in there to flesh out why I thought RG's question was good. Highlighting what's good about a post you're responding too makes the forum a friendlier place. Not sure it's a concept you go for lol, you're always in here picking at people and being negative...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.