BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Don't be disappointed, Mickey. It's not unique to Buddy. Dave...

1. 5,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2841
    Don't be disappointed, Mickey. It's not unique to Buddy.

Dave has said from the get-go that Buddy won't be profitable until CY 2019. That implies it will be profitable by CY2019. That's not so long to wait. I'm with Goldbear on this one, go long. Remember also, it won't happen in singe moment. Eventually the sheer weight of execution on the business plan, devices connected, data traffic, will make it inevitable and will force a re-rate as the market finally wakes up to the extent of what Dave is building.

Read an interesting quote from George Soros the other day:

"There's no point in being confident and not holding a substantial position."

I don't have the means to hold a substantial position in Buddy, George Soros style, but the fact that Dave has consistently maintained the 'guidance' of profitability by CY 2109 - despite the setbacks and notwithstanding the new opportunities - tells me that the original underlying business thesis remains sound.

While it provides a bit of a brake on the SP, it also presents an opportunity - if you are confident. I am as confident as I can be, and am making the most of the ongoing low SP to build what for me will be a decent position that will make a difference by the time Dave has the flywheel whirring at the speed of light.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.