BIT 0.00% 5.4¢ biotron limited

The way I interpret the latest announcement is that it is very...

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    The way I interpret the latest announcement is that it is very early days in the testing of the three selected compounds, highly theoretical and technical looking for various markers of activity against the virus. It's nowhere near as simple as sticking some compounds into a test tube with some viruses in it and seeing if they go away! The announcement indicates there may be a way forward for three of their compounds but they are still not near to doing tests on mice or whatever. The set of tests being done now and in the near term will determine what they do next.

The HIV results are still the only fairly solid evidence of a way forward for BIT. The world and Biotron have been somewhat distracted from reporting on HIV drugs since the pandemic - starting publicly almost to the day when Biotron's HIV results were due to be presented at an international conference - which turned out to be a virtual one on short notice. A BIT anti-viral for Covid-19 might or might not work out. It is still a long shot, in spite of the hopes of many here. The current vaccines will make a difference once a large percentage of populations in developed countries have received them and there will then be more attention paid to HIV continued testing. Hopefully wiihin a few months there may be an announcement about further Phase II testing on a larger scale. That would be good news. It must come before the end of the year (or a good result on COVID-19 testing) or BIT will be hard put to keep going with good prospects for shareholders.

Sorry to be a bit of a dampener. I hope for some sunshine, but still clouds ahead I think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $2.393K 44.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19600 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 188178 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.15pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ 120722
Last updated 15.15pm 03/05/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.