BIT 2.70% 3.8¢ biotron limited

Ann: Letter to Shareholders, page-251

1. 2,021 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307

We cannot underestimate the pull of insurance companies, particularly in the States.  I know it may sound unlikely, but they could potentially insert themselves into funding this if the science is truly solid, which it seems to be.  I am sure they have the clout for big pharma to have a closer look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

below is the opinion of Dr Michelle Miller (gilded lily or not, but the claims can be substantiated independently, I am sure).

The source of this viral antigen is potentiallyreplication incompetent virus released from macrophages. BIT225 hasbeen reported to cause defective HIV-1 assembly resulting in productionof non-infectious virus in macrophages (Khoury et al., 2010) anddendritic cells in vitro (Khoury et al., 2016). The commencement of adecline of activated CD4+ cell levels at week 6 suggests that virus fromthese reservoir cells is being eradicated, and cleared by week 12 whenlevels return to those seen in the ART + placebo cohort.The sustained activation of CD4+ T cells potentially produces interferongamma, a non cytolytic virus-replication inhibiting cytokine. Theobserved reduction in macrophage immune activation and uniqueimmune system stimulation following BIT225 treatment suggest anincrease in potential protection from new HIV cell infections, which mayimpact the HIV reservoir size and persistence.Additional investigations are ongoing to determine what additionalimmunological triggers BIT225 treatment may have induced such as theproduction of broad neutralizing antibodies.The stimulation of the immune system in the BIT225 cohort makes thistreatment approach a unique and potentially clinical beneficial steptowards HIV-1 eradication. By targeting and preventing (re)seeding ofthe myeloid reservoirs, BIT225 has a potential role in the eradicationstrategy of HIV-1.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
0.001(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $34.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 4.0¢ 3.7¢ $68.85K 1.794M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 150000 3.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 349950 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.