IMU 9.26% 5.9¢ imugene limited

Ann: Letter to Shareholders, page-177

1. 481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20134
    I agree and feel the same way @Gajet Professor Fong's oncolytic viruses are pure genius. Simply watch the March Roadshow on YouTube to discover why (see@Harry58's post above for more.)

But it's interesting when we look at all the rubbish being sprouted on these threads regarding valuations. I point to Yumans Cf33 and Vaxinia compared to Cavatak, owned by Viralytics, they as I am sure you would agree, are far superior. For those unaware Viralytics was acquired for $502 million by world-leading pharmaceutical company Merck, back in 2018. CAVATAK was Viralytics flagship product at the time when Merck bought it. When we take Imugene's cash at bank into consideration IMU Is currently valued at close to $400 million dollars, $100 million dollars LESS THAN VIRALYTICS was when it was sold 5 years ago. By way of background CAVATAK, which Merck has recently dropped from its product offering, is an oncolytic Coxsackie virus that infects and kills tumor cells, but unlike some other OV's now such as Replimune (as an example), it lacks genetic modifications to boost the anti-tumour immune response.

Keep in mind Imugene's oncolytic virus suite is a much broader beast than the Viralytics CAVATAK when one considers Cf33 and Vaxinia are being trialled with a view to treating any type of cancer (see @Harry58's post above.) To be honest when you consider Imugene (IMU - ASX) is currently valued at much less than Viralytics, taking into into consideration Imugene has 3 platforms and 5 products in post clinical trials, I just laugh to myself and turn to the words of a successful biotech investor friend, who said to me last night "when it comes to biotech stocks, the market almost always get's it wrong". Does anyone honestly believe Merck would even be able to acquire Cf33 or Vaxinia for $400 million, let alone Her Vaxx, PD1 Vxx and Oncarlytics on top of them for that amount? The current SP is a nonsense. Someone is going to lose here. But when Big Pharma finally bites I'm confident it's not going to be those who hold IMU long. And if you think it can't happen, look to Paul Hopper, the one castigated on this thread by many, and take his track record into account. He is the very person who sold Viralytics to Merck for $502 million dollars five years ago. So don't be fooled into thinking it won't happen here. From where I sit based on existing product development and what Big Pharma may have to unload to acquire Cf33 and Vaxinia, look to 10 times the price of CAVATAK as a benchmark starting price.

And as an aside for those rabbiting on about shorter's well, like the market, rest assured they often get it wrong as well. When the tide turns for IMU and Yuman along with Big Pharma come knocking, they are due for a serious reality check as well. I draw your attention to this article as an example https://www.copyright link/markets/equity-markets/liontown-bid-brings-lithium-armageddon-upon-hedge-funds-20230329-p5cwfc outlining the fact that at the time Liontown Resources (LTR - ASX) received a $5.5 billion dollar bid from Albermale, the stock shot up 68% in one day. At the time Liontown was one of the most shorted stocks on the ASX with about 200 million shares, or 10 per cent of the free float, loaned out to speculators. This is approximately twice the average percentage of shorts loaned out to IMU speculators during the last year. So if if you think it can't happen, think again.

Best of luck for the rest of the week. I was not going to post but became so invigorated watching the March Roadshow again I couldn't help myself. The next few weeks are looking really good aren't they? When YF says he was seeing promising responses in humans at teeny weeny doses, what on earth is he seeing now at close to the optimal biological dose for Vaxinia? The mind boggles. Can't wait til the 20th for what could well be the answer!

DYOR Seek investment advice as and when required Opinion only

Last edited by Watmighthavben: 12/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.005(9.26%)
Mkt cap ! $433.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.9¢ 5.4¢ $1.489M 25.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35252 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 1753430 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.