AGY 5.00% 8.4¢ argosy minerals limited

Ann: Li2CO3 Spot Sales Contract Executed With Korean Customer, page-103

1. 5,495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2180
    Literally no one said it's fungible. You're $traw m@nning again.

It literally is a commodity. You can literally look up the market price

We all know (I think?) that this doesn't mean the product is fungible, but to put it into perspective, coffee and pork bellies are also commodities with market rates you can reference and track. Of course, we all understand (I think?) that this does not mean I can grow a coffee tree or raise three pigs in my back yard and go to 'the market' and sell my produce at that exact price. But we also understand that if I consistently produce truckloads of coffee beans or pigs and the quality is not horrendous, I can find a buyer, and the market gives a fair indication of price.

AGY's only significant problem in making sales is the tiny quantity and questions about continued production.

To put the quality assertion into perspective and context, the product quality could drop so drastically that it doesn't even count as battery grade and we'd only expect a marginal price drop of about 3-4% based on market rates. Technical grade lithium carbonate sells more than 95% of the price of battery grade. Sure, that means the buyer might be different, the application may be different and it may not even go into batteries at all, but as a seller, the objective is to earn money, not supply any particular buyer or application, and money itself is fungible.

Another $traw m@n argument you make is that people were complaining about product testing from the pilot plant. That was never an issue, pretty much everyone agrees AGY has made a high quality product. Unfortunately for AGY, that isn't important, even if it didn't qualify as battery grade the price wouldn't be much lower. The problem is that the production rate was terrible and they abandoned the plant before resolving the production issue (presumably the filtration issue, assuming they are being as honest as we can possibly give them credit for). You're moving the goal posts from valid criticism of a severe problem to pretend that the complaints were about the one thing AGY is good at. Just a shame that thing isn't important.

If you want to highlight the challenges associated with trying to sell a product because you have small quantities of it and doubts about producing more, okay, that's valid (it just exaggerates a small problem AGY faces, weird flex for someone trying to spin something as a positive), but all we're seeing is AGY struggling to make sales because they have so little to sell, and if they sold everything they had produced to date in a single sale tomorrow, even at a moderate premium to the market rate, it would just fuel the company's cash burn for a short while, so it's not that important. If they could get production cranking ahead they'd be able to sell their product. That's the challenge. Even if you want to spin this little sale as some sort of impressive victory and ignore the fact that you're saying it poses a risk of the buyer not liking it after evaluation and not wanting more, they can't sell what they're not producing.

You tell people to "beware" of others' claims, in a post where you blatantly lie and $traw m@n, after you've ramped AGY to a multi year low. If anyone wants to go back over the last few years and look at all your lofty claims and predictions for this company, they'll clearly see someone to beware of.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.4¢
Change
0.004(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $122.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 9.0¢ 8.2¢ $272.9K 3.164M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 146998 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.4¢ 79520 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.