ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 13,512 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2695
    "So perhaps they misused the word revenues in the 5 May announcement and in actuality meant gross margin as you have indicated vintage?"

I believe that is the case - based on the raw figures. As Notty noted, Intel's Quark 2000 IoT chip is around US$2.50-3.00 (depending on how many bought). I believe Telink's chips may be a little cheaper (based on lowest IoT chip BOM). So maybe US$2-2.50.

COGS is around 80% - so gross margin of around 20% x US$2.00-2.50 = 40-50C.

See below on COGS estimate:

"The semiconductor industry today faces a monumental challenge: putting the brakes on a ballooning cost structure that is making many fabless companies uncompetitive. According to Accenture Strategy analysis, as much as 80 percent of a fabless company’s revenue is eaten up by the cost of goods sold (COGS)—and the situation is only getting worse. In 2014, top fabless companies spent nearly $33 billion on COGS. That’s up a startling 65 percent from 2010, and it’s caught the attention of investors who increasingly are calling on companies to take action"

https://www.accenture.com/au-en/insight-manufacturing-sourcing-strategy-competitiveness

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.