ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1436
    Buddy Platform and LiFX are to be run as two separate subsidiaries of Buddy Technologies (trading on ASX as BUD). Buddy Platform consists of the Cloud business, the Ohm business and the Parse on Buddy business. LiFX is the business as was acquired. Collectively, the parent company has offices in Adelaide (HO), Melbourne, Seattle, Silicon Valley and Shenzen. It says all this and more at the bottom of the most recent announcement in the "About Buddy" blurb at the end.

And these constituent parts of BUD will be run independently of each other. They will sink or swim (or perchance fly), largely on their own merits. And no doubt, deserve to be assessed and judged on that basis.

However, that is not to say that their wont be synergies between them that can't or won't be exploited. Or that pursuing synergies is somehow taking their respective eyes of the ball. Businesses partner with other businesses all the time. They exploit synergies to plug a gap or to reach for new markets and opportunities. 'In-house partnerships' typically utilise some form of transfer pricing to provide adequate incentive for each contributing business...but from the parent perspective (and hence for shareholders of that parent), this washes out and the real benefit is the gain created (or loss prevented) by that collaboration.The real value of 'in-house' partnerships is the ready access to each others IP and unique capabilities, and how that may lead to developing new products and/or markets.

I'm interested to see if Ohm gets the traction we hoped for, albeit materially delayed. I'm also eager to see if LiFX continues its impressive growth in the near to mid term. I'm agnostic as to how much of these things are achieved 'organically' as opposed to getting a 'synergistic assist' from another line of business.

All IMO and GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.