NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

Ann: Lihir operations temporarily disrupted, page-3

1. 13,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2730
    guess who?  they are enjoying being negative as they push it toward their target.  Maybe they get it after missing for a couple of years,,maybe after market wide shorting and year end rotations they get pipped again.

DJ More Unrest Possible at Newcrest's Lihir Mine, Says UBS -- Market Talk

0033 GMT  [Dow Jones] There may be more instances of landowner unrest disrupting
    operations at Newcrest Mining's (NCM.AU) Lihir mine in Papua New Guinea to come,
    says UBS. On Tuesday, Newcrest said gold output was temporarily suspended at Lihir after
    landowners signaled grievances in the traditional way by placing twisted ginger plants at
    the mine site. "While some production will be lost, given the short hiatus, guidance
    remains unchanged at 680,000-720,000 ounces for FY15," analyst Jo Battershill says.
    "However, of greater concern to us are the ongoing, longer term impacts." The
    negotiation of a new agreement with the indigenous landowners for the distribution of
    mine benefits have been going on for more than three years, and at a time when mine
    activities have been scaled back. "Subsequently, we believe local businesses, and
    the community in general, will be suffering from lower cash flow," Battershill says.
    "This could be the potential reasoning behind the actions over the weekend, and lead
    to further outages going forward, in our view." UBS rates Newcrest at sell, with a
    A$10.60/share price target. NCM last traded at A$13.60.([email protected];
    @dwinningWSJ)

Editor: KLH

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
      June 09, 2015 20:33 ET (00:33 GMT)
      Copyright (c) 2015 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
    Wednesday 10 June 2015 10:33:00.000 AEST

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.