LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

re: Ann: Linc Energy CEO, Peter Bond, Buys Mo... 1,575,000...

1. 399 Posts.
    re: Ann: Linc Energy CEO, Peter Bond, Buys Mo... 1,575,000 options purchased at 60c looks like part of the PB remuneration package to me. No expiry date given. 60c plus $1.95 exercise price makes the options in the money at a share price of $2.55 or more.

The on market purchases are of more interest imo. 855,862 shares at $2.63 each. Is there an error stating purchases were from 22 Mar to 29 Mar. LNC was 2.81 or better on these dates. Taking a director buying blackout period into account does this suggest something re the timing of next major release (coal sale/JV). I was anticipating an announcement anytime, with financial close in the next financial year in order to delay tax installments. Date of these purchases is important from this perspective.

The last sale was in August and by Dec LNC had only paid $7m odd of a $90m tax bill ($180m, but reduced to $90m after accounting for losses. Numbers are from memory so apply caution). That tax deferment is worth $$. LNC will not have so many deductions on the Teresa sale and thus tax will be a bigger driver this time imo. Obvioulsy depends on the cash/royalty split.

Anyone with more tax experience want to comment?

If it breaks and holds $3 I'm back in. Otherwise happy to sit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.