WKT 5.00% 10.5¢ walkabout resources ltd

Latest graphite prices has only course flake retaining whilst...

1. 259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    Latest graphite prices has only course flake retaining whilst the rest including anode losing ground. Nextsource's study on anode plant in Saudi, already a tax friendly jurisdiction shows a paltry IRR of 20% which is simply not feasible in the current environment. They plan to use ex-China technology licensed from proven sources, the only way to fit IRA requirement. The others wannabes are dreaming if their unproven Micky mouse tech is going to be risk tolerated for any type of funding deals. Turned out the returns on battery anode dream is largely snuffed out by Chinese synthetic switch for the time being.

TON is a curious case, their Chinese buyers are not graphite experts (gold miners) and are holding the bag from the initial Chinese investment from a related party. People often mistaken Chinese SOEs at regional level as some sort of direct arm of the central government. Most cases they are not, and I doubt it will get developed in the next decade, unless a company with a ruthless track record of African mine development enters the fray.

VRC's mine is only good for some test samples with the war raging on. Purified graphite all fluff with no substance or costing. Skarland holding the distinction of the highest cost operating graphite mine is entirely due to the fact it's still operating, smarter operators would've shut it down by now, but hey the previous owner sold it to muppets and are happy to get paid a wage operating it with no exposure to losses. Perhaps down the line going to be an Alan Bond event. How did G1A went under again? IRR of 30 odd % using 8% discount rate, one slip it's a goner. What's WKT's IRR again? There's enough wiggle room.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $70.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 9.9¢ $47.97K 474.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 170000 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 200813 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.