LNU 0.00% 0.2¢ linius technologies limited

Search looks very good. Basically taking parts within clips...

1. 171 Posts.
    Search looks very good. Basically taking parts within clips relevant to the search. They used a soccer example of searching for particular players or types of plays and the system would find the relevant parts within videos. Obviously some tagging required but as AI improves, it will be an incredible capability.

Off the back of the search demo, I asked a question on whether that could help with the YouTube brand safety issue in future (Advertisers pulling marketing spend due to concerns of what type of content their ads would sit next to.. estimated $750m problem), however they didn't get to it.

To add to avagadro's comments (and apologies if I get any of this wrong):
    - Announcement on piracy stuff "imminent" - can't remember if they used that word but sounded pretty close
    - Piracy cost model for LNU changes depending on where in distribution funnel. I.e. end user views are fractions of a cent vs. pre-production where it may be "tens or hundreds of dollars per view"
    - Focus in immediate term for piracy is pre-production, not end-user
    - Patenting based on "invention", not "algorithm" which makes it a little more difficult to get around
    - Techy SAAS demo showed the ability for devs to use the VVE engine in ways that LNU haven't thought of or not currently pursuing
    - Military applications heavily based on customised version of search offering so should be productised shortly after search offering

Geez, I was pretty impressed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.