LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

I don' think so - why not waiting another year or two to get it...

1. 1,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 603
    I don' think so - why not waiting another year or two to get it cheaper? a) longterm more and more Li mines will come online and prices will go down significantly, b) long-term recycling will become the biggest Li mine. We should not forget, Li is not a rare metal! The high price right now is just an anomaly. Why would off-take partner commit to the highest price in the history of Li, while half of the mining world is currently exploring for and developing Li projects (plus the future major recycling supply in 10-15years or so)? So I do think the high Li prices right now might actually hurt us (re: finance and off-take). I feel, for example, this is one of the reasons why GLN recently decided to avoid a high capex and costly production facility, and just produce liquid spodumene concentrate instead (all of which they might be able to fund by themselves somehow). In addition, the high Li prices might force battery producers to develop other non/low-Li solutions...

And as we see, even our own Mitsui is NOT jumping on it (like the 100 others would as you say)....tricky situation!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.