IR1 0.93% 26.8¢ iris metals limited

Ann: Lithium Results Continue to Grow the Beecher Discovery, page-83

1. 10,281 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2635
    Apart from that, muppet makes the fundamental mistake of not acknowledging China's manipulation of the Li price. Carrying large raw material stocks, producing excess batteries and then depressing the demand for EVs produced a perfect storm which dropped the price of all things lithium into the perfect Bear Trap.

No doubt a lot of the stock sold went into China hands, probably much of it to do Peking's bidding - if not all.

So now for companies to participate in the US Inflation Reduction Act (Read Clean Energy and Environment Subsidy) not more than 25% of equity can be held by Peking - It will apply to Australia also if they participate in US funding, which, of course, IR1 will.
    https://www.epa.gov/green-power-markets/summary-inflation-reduction-act-provisions-related-renewable-energy

It is noteworthy that Gina and Chris have stepped in to buy (on market) for control of lithium miners under risk of take over by foreign interests. For example Liontown LTR, to be in production 2024 from large low cost pegmatites : Azure AZS, advanced developer : Delta DLI, approved short term producer.
    Not all Australian hard rock Li miners are immune. One of IGO's problems right now, and for the new CEO Ivan to solve, is the China based majority controller of Greenbushes (the world's largest and lowest cost hard rock Li mine) is restricting production to maintain price ??.
    IGO have 25% beneficial interest and even at current depressed prices is a cash cow. They need that profit to stop a SP decline triggered by a thwarted T/O bid.

Back to IR1 :
    I think we all know already that Beecher will be a low cost, probably medium size mine quite soon supplying the US market. We know too that IR1 has a vast holding of other claims many containing former producing mines to follow up after the development of Beecher.

Maybe more on this later - anyway IR1 is well placed and well managed and is sure (IMO) to be a success, but there will be many muppets who will say otherwise.

Not advice.
    Last edited by JandJ: 05/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.8¢
Change
-0.003(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $36.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.5¢ 26.8¢ $7.991K 29.56K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.5¢ 10740 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.16pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IR1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.