LKE 2.27% 4.3¢ lake resources n.l.

Hi gassed,In reference to your question....I think it has been a...

1. 3,415 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2743
    Hi gassed,

In reference to your question....
    I think it has been a bit of a mixed bag along the way.
    There has been a lot of good stuff done:
    - getting in early amongst the big boys in Argentina
    - pegging out leases on the fringe of salars (previously thought to be “worthless” but one since proven otherwise and the other likely to be similar)
    - taking the risk and going down the DLE path
    - selecting Lilac as a technology partner for DLE
    - engaging HATCH and getting a great PFS
    - offering us SH’s free options tied to shares purchased through a previous CR to reward some loyalty
    - Steve running around the world, pounding the pavement (until COVID) shouting our story from the rooftops. I don’t know how he does it to be honest!
    - good relationships maintained at Province level in Argentina to keep us in favour with the locals
    - taking the “not mining but water treatment” approach

But there has been a significant amount of things that have occurred to take the shine of things:
    - missing reporting deadlines is not a good look......particularly when it happens more than once.
    - that disastrous Convertible Securities Facility with SBI Investments that crippled the SP over an extended period of time due to SBI constantly selling to make their quick buck. Thankfully, now paid out.
    - long periods of silence where us SH’s haven’t been kept informed of progress. Many have taken the assumption that there were problems in the background and sold out.
    - extending the SPP and Having to offer the “escape clause” which many then took after COVID came along. This was more around circumstances that decisions by the BOD......just unlucky I guess!

There has been plenty said about both Steve and Stu. Steve is the most visible - the face of the company doing most of the presentations. Stu is in the background, less visible (other than on Twitter) and we, as SH’s, don’t actually see what he does. I certainly dont profess to know what he does. Herein lies part of the problem. The expectation is that the BOD should not only be doing good things, but should be SEEN to be doing good things. Does everyone here know what their Directors at work are doing? I often wonder myself.....but I don’t know for sure. I assume they must be doing something right for the squillions they get paid!

Overall and on balance, it is my opinion that the good things far outweigh the bad.....and that is why I’m still here. The potential upside is still huge and we are getting close to realising some of that. It’s kind of like a marriage I guess......not every day is perfect but, on balance, it is worth sticking around! I hope my wife doesn’t read this!

As for Hfox1 being somehow related to the BOD.....I honestly don’t know how some of this stuff is dreamed up! I have struck up regular communications with H and he seems to be very well read and likes to get stuck into his research - not only for LKE but a number of his other holdings. He speaks with authority and that, IMO, comes from a position of knowledge. He is based in the UK and has had the opportunity to meet our BOD (as well as others) at conferences held in his part of the world. I, for one, think that his opinions and ideas are well worth listening to......and I’m not just blowing wind up his arse!
    We swap ideas and opinions and I respect what he has to say. None of that necessarily makes him related to the BOD.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.001(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $71.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.5¢ 4.1¢ $404.5K 9.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 831640 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 216771 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.