LMG 2.08% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Ann: LMG awards pre-feasibility study for 100,000 tpa plant, page-56

1. 5,948 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 371
    Maybe it is interesting but perhaps not...

Alumino thermite is a process of extracting metals by reduction of a metal oxide to form metal using aluminium powder, the aluminium acts as a reducing agent. It is an exothermic reaction which liberates a large amount of heat. Practically, this method can be used to reduce all the metallic oxides, with oxide of magnesium being the only exception.

Fe2O3, B2O3, NiO, V2O5, MoO3, Nb2O5. Mn, Si, and Cr are good contenders for the Alumino thermite process. Magnesium production seems to be the reverse example of the world looks like a nail to a man with a hammer.

Therefore not clear how aluminium - coined as electricity in solid form - and electricity cost going forward is never going to be get lower - how this could be an existential issue for LMG.

What I am more interested in is what will shareholders actually own going forward. So far it looks to be only the royalty stream from the licensing of use of the tech and the local 10,000 tpa plant. I do not want to own part of a business that is sized such that the activities fit inside the limit of competency of the Board, or a Board with a lucky rabbit's-foot rubbing approach to large scale business i.e. nervous about very big numbers.
    For example Elon started Paypal and could then see a clear link to making EV (not). Then from EV to rockets as the clear link is that they both move (not). The word required is ingenuity and opportunistic. Will LMG become a shell of boffins fiddling around the edges of the tech?

By comparison LMG has to cookie-cut the same unitized 1,000 t.p.a tech multiple times in the factory and then multiply the factory everywhere. Be in no doubt Bechtel will pour over the whole process and patents with a fine toothed comb to find any angle to claim a new patent. If you don't like it - sue. Yeah right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.8¢ 4.6¢ $49.09K 1.047M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 64217 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 90574 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.