LMG 6.52% 4.3¢ latrobe magnesium limited

I see brown coal fly ash is not even good for cement production....

1. 12,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1755
    I see brown coal fly ash is not even good for cement production.

Why is this a surprise? Ever seen an ash dam?

Do you think brown coal fly ash is inert?

Do you think the brown coal fly ash properties in has the same properties as out?

Do you believe that "Supplementary Cementitious Material (SCM)" is a euphemism?

I don't know much about brown coal fly ash thats why I googled it.

https://researchrepository.rmit.edu...t-in-concrete-masonry-bricks/9921893407501341

https://encyclopedia.pub/entry/17032

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._of_Brown_Coal_Fly_Ash_for_Building_Materials

"Why does cost of power in Victoria concern you?"

The price of power in Victoria is 10x the price it is in Sarawak, plus Victoria is 8x more expensive than China.

"Do you think that Chinese magnesium made in the Pidgeon Process with its higher CO2 emissions will be allowed to compete with anyone even if the Chinese Mg was free?"

Thats about the most foolish comment I've read lately. Europe doesn't care about Chinese CO2 emissions when they buy magnesium, all they care about is getting supplied by China. Europe's power is way too expensive and they desperately need magnesium for aluminium to help lighten EV's which weigh considerably more than conventional cars.

"Have you ever passed a chemistry exam? Ever used Google? I notice you are prepared to guess a lot."

I studied mining and mechanical engineering, so I'm not as informed as you like to make yourself out to be. Thats why I've asked a few questions and thought that I could be directed in the right way by some gracious and knowledgeable person.

"Lastly, what has the price of power in Sarawak got to do with Victoria?"

The price of power in Victoria is 10x the price it is in Sarawak, thats why LMG is planning to build the large 100,000 tonne plant in Sarawak. This is the ONLY reason why I'm interested in LMG.
    Sarawak has the cheapest hydro power in the world and its 24/7/365

"Local made product sold locally and Sarawak sold globally. I am sure someone will do the math and demonstrate the returns repatriated from Sarawak 100,000 tpa plus local economics e.g. employment locally that supplants current Mg imports would go close to a zero sum game."

Thats the second most foolish statement I've read. Obviously you don't know much about doing business in Asia, most Australian manufacturing has already left our shores. Frankly if LMG makes any money in Australia I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Maybe you should look at another Australian company that operates in Sarawak, OMH had a US$197 million cashflow last year with only 75% capacity in operation. If it was in Australia it would be bankrupt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.003(6.52%)
Mkt cap ! $96.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.6¢ 4.3¢ $13.05K 290.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 184329 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 331001 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.02pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.