LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Ann: LNG Ltd Plans Dual Listing in USA, page-46

1. 5,940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    LNGLY are ADR's. They are rights to ownership of LNG.asx shares. If the company wants to get rid of LNGLY and is planning another US listing of any sort then there are really only 3 options. 1) They get rid of LNGLY and force holders to take up the underlying LNG.asx shares (and thus whatever they become in Australia) or sell, 2) They get rid of LNGLY but as part of the process of setting up the new listing enable LNG.asx holders (and thus LNGLY holders as holders of rights to LNG.asx) to choose between holding LNG.asx shares (and thus whatever they become in Australia) or the new US counterpart, or 3) They get rid of LNGLY and upgrade the OTC ADR holders to the new US counterpart. 1) would seem very unlikely given they are setting up a new US listing to allow US holders greater access to owning the company. In the case of 2) and 3) there would be an automatic or holder involved process of performing the conversions.

In the case of LNGLF I really don't know anything about how things are setup but I believe someone asked the company at one point and was told, despite the company not officially supporting LNGLF but instead having setup LNGLY, that holdings in either were especially equivalent. So I'd therefore assume whatever happens to LNGLY would happen to LNGLF. Possibly someone who owns one or the other should email the company and ask for clarification on the situation now that some level of plans have been announced.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.