NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Thx, Paddie5!! :)As far as I know the usual rig downtime for...

1. 1,836 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2793
    Thx, Paddie5!!

As far as I know the usual rig downtime for preparing and performing the BOP pressure test is about 24 hours (and a pressure test is required by law at least every 21 operational days, if I recall this correctly for WA...). If everything goes well, I would think drilling should resume by Thursday...

Without any information about the well design (planned casing points) I can't predict anything reasonable about the timings. My assumption is they will case the well in the Kockatea before entering the Permian targets but this would require to drill an about 1,900m long interval in the next well section... let's wait and see...

(... just for comparison/reference, STX drilled a 2,050m interval in WE5 - including setting and cementing a casing - in less than 17 days and therefore we can expect a ROP between 120 to 140m per day for this section. Hence, I think 14 to 16 days for reaching the Kockatea and intersecting the Woodada Formation after drilling resumed, if my assumption about the next casing point is correct...).

The Woodada had good oil shows in Lockyer-1 but in a tight reservoir. Therefore don't expect too much from this intersection, our real targets are below the Kockatea and the Carynginia Shale... but who knows... sometimes one gets surprised...

Last edited by gimo211: 09/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.