NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Ann: Lockyer Deep-1 Operational Update, page-44

1. 3,055 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5829
    @jophda thanks for the summary.

The info is coming out piecemeal. When they first said the wiper plug got stuck in the casing hanger, i assumed it was the top wiper plug. The 5" liner was run to the surface, so that means the casing hanger is located at/near surface. So the wiper plug was thought to be stuck near surface in the 5" liner. A couple people here did some calcs on how much cement was needed in the annulus and how much remained in the entire 5" string. Again, the assumption was the wiper plug got stuck in the 5" casing hanger - i.e. at surface and the numbers indicated some cement did make it into the annulus, i forgot the actual numbers, maybe 13 bbl.

The previous announcement however said they tagged the top of cement in the liner at 2200 m or so...so that means the top wiper plug made it down to 2200 m. This means a fair bit of the annulus between the 5" casing and the 8.5" open hole would be cemented. I can look up the tables, but need to make sure ive got the story right. Interested in your thoughts.

btw, id forgotten there was a kink in the hole, that would have made drilling out the cement a bit more tricky.
    Last edited by alexei ii: 19/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.