NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

The following is part of the Target Rejection to the offer,...

1. 3,672 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 210
    The following is part of the Target Rejection to the offer, which I find is our biggest strength going forward as a minority shareholder, in our own Boards words:-

Further, your Directors believe that MinRes may be able to derive unique value from
    consolidating ownership of the EP 368 and EP 426 permits given that:

• Consolidation of these projects by MinRes would ensure that it can make decisions
    in regards to the development of the Lockyer project in its absolute discretion and
    for its sole benefit. Currently, the joint operating agreements applicable to the EP
    368 and EP 426 joint ventures provide Norwest with a high degree of protection and
    control as a result of:

- the "65% and minimum two parties" voting threshold required for the majority of
    decisions under the applicable joint operating agreements; and

- the fact that to progress towards production, the joint venture parties must
    unanimously agree the establishment of a production venture
    and may also need
    to agree each party's share of net equity gas via a unitisation process (noting
    that the Lockyer discovery may extend across two permits with different equity
    interest percentages).

• MinRes is an end-user of gas in its other business units such that the Directors
    believe that MinRes stands to benefit considerably if it is able to consolidate
    ownership of Norwest’s assets and secure full control of project development and
    gas marketing against a backdrop of increasing Western Australian domestic gas
    prices, the possibility for gas export as LNG, and the creation of new downstream
    industries.

What does that 65% two party threshold actually mean - I can't tease it out and am attempting to get a copy of the 2 x JOA's but to no avail - I believe they are private and confidential documents however am still trying to find out.

Whatever the 65% and two party threshold means...its good news for NWE!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.