AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

Hi D, I did say no holes (except 6 & 16) struck copper. However,...

1. 3,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8020
    Hi D,

I did say no holes (except 6 & 16) struck copper. However, it would be more correct to say copper wasn't reported. There probably is background to weakly anomalous copper in them which may be of use in providing targeting vectors.

Evidence for a intrusive/porphyry is very circumstantial at present.

?Manto Ag, Ag/Au at MDP and LB resp.
    Strong Si Py altered brecciation.
    Lack of reported dykes for intrusives is negative evidence about the proximity of an intrusive.

Your second idea (8m Cu at EOH 16 = tip of a copperberg? or intrusive) needs drill testing.
    Really too speculative to say much.
    Hole 6 may have been similar with only 20m copper rich then 200m of no significant assays below.
    The high copper in 16 could be a localized supergene effect even at 200m etc etc.

Conspiracy theorists could have a field day suggesting AZS could see something in the core that enabled them to stop a few meters short of revealing the mother lode. Sneaky but not likely.

Mexico (and round the world) has quite a few deposits that have similarities to MDP and LB where the heat source (= intrusive/porphyry) is either unknown, too deep to be economic or ???. No real evidence for this statement other than mining at the main silver areas has focused on veins and less commonly on mantos rather bulk tonnage deposits.

Speculation is fun for the weekend but needs the slow steady pace of drill and assay to reveal what is actually in the ground.

IMO in hindsight AZS may find that being operator at both Promontorio and Alacran may have been a bit counter productive for Alacran.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.