LPD 50.0% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

Ann: Low emissions intensity for Phase 1 Chemical Plant, page-40

1. 439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2079
    Excellent find @Cos94! When I looked up where BASF were building their "new cathode active materials production plant," I couldn't help but notice how "green" their website is, with repeated allusions to their commitment to sustainability, climate protection, a circular economy, etc. Our tech could certainly help them achieve their aims.

The quotes below are from an article in their Media section, when construction began at the end of last year on their plant in Schwarzheide. The whole article is a good read and a clear indicator of how seriously Europe is taking sustainability. Highlights are what could apply to Lepidico:

“Electromobility is one of the key solutions to unite the global desire for individual mobility and the need to significantly reduce local emissions. BASF is driving sustainable electromobility with innovative battery materials and state-of the art technology." (Dr. Martin Brudermüller, Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors of BASF SE)

Peter Altmaier, Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy, said: “BASF’s groundbrea
    king ceremony today marks a further step in the right direction for Germany’s industrial sector and the establishment of a European value chain for electric mobility. We aim to produce the world’s best-quality and best-performing batteries in Germany and Europe. We are therefore backing the expansion of battery manufacturing which uses the latest and most environmentally friendly materials. Specifically, the Federal Government and the Land are providing approximately €175 million towards BASF’s project.
    https://www.basf.com/global/en/media/news-releases/2020/11/p-20-359.html

My Google search this arvo also revealed news from Wednesday, 3 days ago, that BASF have partnered with Porsche to "develop high-performing lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles." The whole article is a great read on what they call next generation lithium-ion batteries- fast charging and for high performance vehicles. I wonder how important high grade lithium is for these batteries, like 99.95%? wink.png Again, here are a few excerpts:

"With its production plants for precursor cathode active materials in Harjavalta, Finland, and for cathode active materials in Schwarzheide, Germany, BASF will be able to provide battery materials with an outstanding sustainability record for both responsible and reliable sourcing of raw materials aiming for the lowest carbon footprint along the supply chain as of 2022.

"Furthermore, they will have an industry leading low CO₂ impact thanks to our efficient manufacturing process, the high share of renewable energy, the upstream integration into the key raw materials as well as the short transportation route along the value chain." (Markus Kamieth, member of the Board of Executive Directors of BASF SE.)

https://www.volkswagenag.com/en/news/2021/07/basf-and-porsche-partner-to-develop-high-performing-lithium-ion-.html

It's all very interesting, but the conjecture is starting to do my head in, so I'm setting it aside, knowing the answers will all be revealed in due time through our ASX announcements, plus whatever titbits management can include in the 4C next week. I had wondered if our LOI with BASF wasn't extended at the end of last year because our relationship with them changed substantively, with our mutual intentions going forward. Perhaps Phase 2 will be built in Germany?

From page 5 of our last quarterly, third paragraph: "Further scoping work has been undertaken to assess strategic locations for a Phase 2 ChemicalPlant. In addition to Walvis Bay in Namibia and Abu Dhabi, prospective locations have beenidentified in the United States and Europe."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(50.0%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $2.709K 1.070M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 36029522 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 51506696 43
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.