GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

The main question this raises for me is where does LPD fit in...

1. 1,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 212
    The main question this raises for me is where does LPD fit in the time frame for GXY!?

Given the state of the L-max development it is clearly to early to start using it for MC. First the phase-1 plant has to be done. Or could it be the intention now to do the phase-1 plant in Australia and thus near MC? But think it will be Canada as those wheels are already in motion. Production planned for late 2019. So a LPD GXY plant will most likely wait for the success of the phase 1 plant before moving forward. Guess until 2020 gives ample time to gather a nice load of "garbage" from MC then to be turned into gold (or rather lithium) using the L-max technology.

Also for brine given that they just filed for a patent there is still a long way to go until this will be ready for (large scale) testing. Or is it? Could this be what GXY is really after, a superior brine processing technology? Not wanting to go the "pond" way?

Or does it have something to do with JB? The plant 1 will most likely be build close to Kenora. This is about 2000km away from JB!? Not ideal I would say. Unless they are building the plant close to the coast where the ore would need to go to anyway.... So they can take ore from Kenora and JB. They also plan to take ore from Portugal and Australia, so near the coast would be good anyway. So contributions from JB are definitely an option.

In any case lots of interesting options:
    - Contribute to phase-1 plant from JB from end of 2019
    - Start build full scale plant near MC or JB from mid 2019
    - Build pilot plant for new/superior brine processing technology from 20??

Not 100% sure but I guess L-max can also process spodumene. So the plan could be to produce lithium carbonate and/or hydroxide from JB directly in the full scale plant (similar to the plans of Nemaska).

Very happy with this move from GXY (and very happy to be in both GXY and LPD). GXY has the early mover advantage of already being in production. They now have the income to grow the business. Glad that one of their first purchases was LPD. Does underline that LPD does have value, hopefully a lot of it for both parties!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.