LPE 8.33% 11.0¢ locality planning energy holdings limited

Hi @xrebu, I am reluctant to give a number, as the solar sales...

1. 2,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1574
    Hi @xrebu, I am reluctant to give a number, as the solar sales impact has not shown yet. In the upcoming annual accounts, the value will be easier to see.
    What is more obvious now, is the expected annual cash receipts of around $53m or more. To me this alone justifies a higher share price, but I am also aware of the reduced margins on sales, which offsets the optimism.
    LPEs problem is, the impressive and reliable customer growth around 30%, has not been translated into profit. Growing the base to support overhead costs has been a very long journey, at $53m of sales I expect it is now covered, so future growth will now yield increasing profit at last. The upcoming annual report should show if we are there yet.

Financing risk is very much in play here, I agree its resolution is a problem.
    Bear in mind solar also comes with additional cash inflow to mitigate capital costs. With LPEs grid sourced power, at last quoted source for residential power, the margin is 16%. If you apply that to the mates rates power price of 18.2c/unit.kw, it is 2.5c of margin. With solar although the margin was last quoted at 22%, in fact all of the 12 to 13c/unit is available to LPE as they are not buying power from the grid.
    I make this around 9.75c/unit, available to service capital repayment of the solar install.
    If the ramp up of solar is well managed, utilising existing cash and the cash generating capacity of solar, the capital needs will be lower.
    It is going to be interesting to see how this is managed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
-0.010(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $19.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 11.0¢ $253.4K 2.223M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 120000000 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 231595 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.53pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.