LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

Ann: LSA: Completion of Killaloe Gold Project Acquisition, page-33

1. 2,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2139
    You are limited to 25k concessional contributions per year per member to your superfund, assuming each member has taxable income. If you are employed, your employer will automatically pay this amount into your superfund anyway. My wife is not working, so our trust needs to make a profit each year and some of these profits can be distributed to her so she has an income. The trust can then make a 25k nonconcessional contribution on her behalf to offset her income. So we currently do this. If you have children18yrs or older and not working you could distribute income to them through the trust also.

The only other way you can get more money into your superfund, without incurring excessive tax, is to make a non-concessional contribution, the yearly cap for this is currently 100k (soon to increase to 110k), but you can only do this if you haven't already exceeded the cap, which is currently 1.6mil per member. Our LTR shares in our superfund have put us over the cap already...not trying to brag, just giving the facts. So we cannot use this avenue anymore. If you exceed the non-concessional cap, the extra contributions are taxed at 47%, so no point doing this.

If you haven't exceeded your cap, you could transfer in $100,000 ($110,000 from July 1, 2021) worth of LTR shares per year to your superfund. As these would have been bought with after tax income, you aren't taxed any further in doing this. Again, once you reach your cap in the fund you can no longer use this avenue.

In our circumstance, because we have exceeded the cap, the fund had to buy the shares from the trust, so money was transferred from my fund to the trust and an offmarket transfer form was done for the shares that were transferred from our trust to the fund.

There was an opportunity a few years ago whereby you could put a larger lump sum into super which we took advantage of but I don't think this exists anymore, best to check with your accountant regards your particular circumstances.

Retirement is still a while away for me and I only started looking into into it recently. I wasn't aware that there was zero CGT on investments held in super once in the retirement phase. When I found that out, I actually thought, bugger, I should have transferred more shares into super when the shares were 10c. To be honest, that was one of the reasons for posting this information. I thought there would likley to be others here in a similar position to me. I still think there is significant growth to be had so this strategy is worth considering I'm sure for some, depending on your age and circumstances. There are a lot of long term holders with belief on the thread and probably a few here of similar age.
    Again, I stress that I am not an accountant or financial adviser and only present information here the way I understand it. Happy to be corrected. This is a learning and sharing forum.

G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.970B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $7.836M 6.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39539 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 12600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.