LDX 0.00% 4.6¢ lumos diagnostics holdings limited

Ann: Lumos Receives US$400k Phase 1 Milestone from Hologic, page-40

1. 1,054 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    Its basically how I understand it however, I would look at it from this point of view - Lumos can add any lateral flow test into their reader however, they likely need to have licence over the test to integrate into the reader.

I would say in respect of the Hologic deal, Hologic have a number of their own tests in addition to the Febridx test etc LDX has which can be done on the reader. The idea would be that Hologic use the Lumos Reader for as many Hologic/LDX tests as they can integrate to minimise cost on the manufacturing of the other tests if they can run them all via the one device.

LDX will manufacture the test strips, readers etc and receive the ongoing annuity for this. It was explained to me that place of manufacture in the US is a key component in the value of these devices etc which is why they can be so pricy. It is harder to shift the logistics and approvals of these manufacturers etc.

I would consider that if the Hologic reader works - they would replace all the existing TLLIQ readers with the second gen product. People should look into the cost per device and the cost per FFN test being done.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6295/6295145-6ab1686688620413eea793779c3c61c1.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6295/6295146-a5b295f314369d708beaf80656f98acf.jpg

I would hazard a guess that over the last 12-24 months, Lumos has been working on a range of tests for Hologic and they are looking to integrate these into the one platform alongside the FFN test.

Not there i didn't underline either is the comment of "provides a pipeline of revenue-generating partnerships in POC diagnostics.

There will be other deals to come out of this. Note on this:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6295/6295162-0a08883e29d1c1d72b7e4d08c0fbed96.jpg

We may find that the new FFN test, for the purposes moving forward we can call it the "Hologic reader", LDX may look at putting the secured BINX tests into this reader also which focus' of other women's health and infectious diseases.

Women can walk into whatever clinic with Hologic and get an std test, an FFN test etc etc in one place, via one test and be billed once etc.

Times that by however many Hologic readers are needed US wide and how many tests are done annually. Add in that once this reader is complete, Hologic may look at providing this reader worldwide. FFN is done outside of the US, even in Australia using difference tests. Sell on the fact that the Hologic reader could perform 20 tests?

Hologic offers several types of lateral flow tests in the U.S. market. These include:

1. Aptima Assays - These tests are designed for a range of sexual and vaginal health conditions, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, and mycoplasma genitalium.
    2. Respiratory Assays - This category includes tests for pathogens like SARS-CoV-2.
    3. Transplant Assays - These tests are used to monitor viral loads in transplant patients.
    4. STI Assays - These tests detect various sexually transmitted infections, such as HIV, herpes simplex virus, and human papillomavirus (HPV).
    5. Viral Tests - These include tests for hepatitis B and C, cytomegalovirus (CMV), and more (Hologic) (Hologic) (Hologic).

These assays are integrated with Hologic's automated systems, like the Panther System, which streamlines the testing process, offering high throughput and efficiency.

Add all these into a single desktop reader...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LDX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12000 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 19230 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.16pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LDX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.