LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

The more public, visible support for Lynas from within the...

1. 794 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379
    The more public, visible support for Lynas from within the Malaysian government during the appeals period the better. It appears there is a conflict of interest between the progressive economic focus of the International Trade Minister Aziz and the underhand agenda of the Yeo Bee Yin clone Environment Minister Chang. Race, political allegiance, factions, etc. all seem to come into play here unfortunately and Lynas is ever the political football. Hopefully we see more of the support for Lynas from within government there.

As to Lynas appealing the decision on the licence, I think they would have appealed regardless of whether or not Kal was on schedule to meet the deadline. My only question is why they didn't lodge an appeal immediately the unfair, restrictive conditions were slapped on the licence. If they were being considerate in not wanting to make waves in the middle of a crippling global pandemic, well, it was lost on the Mal government. Additionally, the government changed not long after and YBY was kicked out, Amanda probably thought it best to wait until the next renewal when there was hopefully some stability in government, remembering the drama around the dodgy 'Sheraton' move by then PM Mahathir, the intervention of the King in appointing a temporary PM, etc etc. Lots of instability at the time.
    So, now is arguably the best time to do it. The conditions are grossly unfair and restrictive and need to go, regardless of Kal status.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.