LYC 1.39% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

Great picture. Absolutly nothing in your post about what i said...

1. 7,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 492
    i absolutly agree with you. Money from AU and US gov show tremendous amount of support. Shows respect for Lynas capability. This is why it is great to see.

However the amounts are small compared to Lynas revenue. Because it is cap ex the actual impact to profits is small and over the depreciation period. it does save cash but Lynas has over AUD 500M cash on hand and should show good positive cash flow from operations in the future so cash is not a problem. My only points were that Management made the correct decision saying that this release was
    • "Price Sensitive: No"
    it gave a nice boost to SP which helped but long term it will not change profits at all and this will be forgotton and Profits will be focus. IF people want to say it is Price sensative they should understand that Lynas makes call on this when they send announcement to SEC. The SEC will review it but only if there are complaints and after the fact. They should also work out what the impact will realy be. If they said it was price sensitive then people would expect a last impact and that will not happen. Still totally agree it is great news for many other reasons.
    Great picture. Absolutly nothing in your post about what i said that was wrong. Absolutly no ideas of why it might be sensitive. i guess you have no usable input on the subject.Not true! With maintance BEVs should last several times longer than ice vehicles. So i would say 500,000 mi or 800,000 KM Now this may be over 2 ~ 4 users but it is not unreasonable. 2 of my last 3 ice vehicles I kept for over 200,000Mi and only big repair was a transmission on truck that did lots of heavy towing. Tesla on there 2019 models warranties their battery for 100,000. read the fine print. It says that the battery would be at 70% of original capacity. ( From memory ) they void warranty if you exceed the number of fast charges. Limit the number of charges at high temps. I think 90 F Several maintance requirements as well. My friend with the 2019 model 3 has 65,000MI and says the drop in range is very noticeable, especially in cold weather. Had Tesla come out and check battery It has loss capacity but was still well above the level where they would replace it. . His current plan is go about another year, Figures this will be last winter for current battery because of what he does. Then plans to write letters and complain with the hope that Tesla will split cost on a new battery. A year ago he stop on a trip to FLA in Virginia Though weather said it would be in low 90s he says it was over 100 in parking lot with no shade. Hooked up to a tesla recharge station and went in for lunch while it charged. Came out later expecting a full charge. It was just over 60% Tesla admits they limit fast charge at high temps to protect the battery. Battery tech is evolving very quickly and maybe in a few years these problems will be a thing of the past. As people learn more some of these things may have an impact on sales. only time will let us know for sure.

He has the biggest battery available at time because he wanted range. He loves the car and his back up plan is to sell it to someone that plans mainly short locale drives and buy a new Tesla. He says range is always a consideration, with just a little planning it is never a problem but it takes time to figure out reality from what Tesla says will happen. Especially in extremal weather. not only does temp hot or cold effect battery but heat and AC are big range reducers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.090(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 $14.95M 2.285M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 $6.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.56 6919 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.55
  Change
0.090 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.53 $6.58 $6.51 732559
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.