M7T 0.94% 53.5¢ mach7 technologies limited

Ann: Mach7 Signs 7-year Contract with Trinity Health, page-57

1. 322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    Could not agree with this more

I feel HC is incredibly damaging to new (and experienced) investors by increasing irrelevant noise and encouraging the back slapping mentality of “locking in a profit” at 50-100%.

often this “trader profit” comes with huge tax, and the trader (not investor) then more often than not only re enters ever smaller positions at higher prices, or misses it altogether as it progresses to 500-5000% positions from the original investment over 5-10 years

Broker reports are worth a glance, far more important are annual company reports to show that a “probable” 5 year plus timeline of 10-20% arr increases are still “significantly likely” notwithstanding small short term bumps

That’s all that’s needed to “do nothing” but keep the original investment or possibly add at any sell offs for sentiment rather than structural reasons

I also do 5% of the “research ” I used to, knowing how to go straight to the annual report relevant areas, with far less trading and far greater results.

M7t is a case in point. Seeing people considering banking a taxed profit at $1.27 hoping to re buy at $1 is craziness. The chance of that is 50% at best. The tax you pay means you actually need to get it at 75c to make it worthwhile. The risk of diluting your holding over a 5 year plus plan for this company is simply not worth that risk. Csl, apt, xro I have never sold a share since starting. Thank Christ!

Who knows, or cares, if m7t goes to 75c or $2.50 next when it’s “likely” to be $5 in 2-5 years. At $5 I have no idea whether it will then be worth “banking profit”. It entirely depends on if it “still” looks like increasing arr at 10-20% plus for the next 5 years

One of the biggest misconceptions of the market trotted out by people who don’t understand is “you haven’t made a profit or loss until you sell”!

Utter crap.

you have made that profit or loss the “second” a SP goes up or down. As that is your value wealth at any moment in time. If you own $10,000 of m7t right now, that’s your wealth. Not $5000 or $15,000 you bought it for some time ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add M7T (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.5¢
Change
0.005(0.94%)
Mkt cap ! $129.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.5¢ 54.0¢ 52.0¢ $69.78K 131.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9880 52.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.5¢ 9499 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
M7T (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.