MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Had a look at Upreti's patent which is on google patent,...

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Had a look at Upreti's patent which is on google patent, essentially uses a 3D 'bio' substance, most likely in practical terms hydroxyapatite but can be others, as a material to maximise the surface area and make the hiding holes the right size for lithium ions. The patent covers about every combination of materials possible to go with this bio structure . This is a parallel concept to what others are using graphene for as that being a few-layer (ie unbelievably thin sheets ~ atom thick , much thinner than hydroxyapatite) its so thin that folded up it can have a ginormous surface area (greater than hydroxyapatite etc) and can have right sized niches for lithium atoms to move into and out. Looks like obvious benefits for graphene IMO. There are multiple granted patents (and beyond that for nanoparticles) covering analogous ideas in graphene field with strong claims IMO to priority or novelty or different enough that cant be challenged (but possibly if enough $ a court may decide, however i prefer to be and am on the side of graphene) . The Chinese are building a 'graphene valley' analogous to 'silicon valley' in Shandong and the Chinese Premier (yes , at a meeting with Theresa May) invited Versarien to be part of that as it holds persuasive patents to few layer graphene (may be competitiors however it appears in the lead) , worldwide graphene space very very active. I believe (DYOR) that graphene has won out . Hence I used to hold MNS but sold and mean no disrespect- the graphite mine potential and the SEZ potential to value add MNS and ?KNL etc other mines output (eg KNL if it ever gets going) makes it still v undervalued. I think if looked at logically I suspect CCV wanted this deal so that the pain amounted to something tangible and MNS needed this deal (although not a lot of cash available) as the lack of binding tie-up was a critical weakness for MNS, and if MNS lost CCV, then it would be back to the knitting as a graphite hopeful after a possible meltdown. DYOR. GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.