MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

#4 you are correct in identfying graphene as making an entry in...

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249

you are correct in identfying graphene as making an entry in the battery space, no pun intended (as you'll get a lot of graphene in that space within a battery). If successful, it may become the new technology someday.

None of us really know. Maybe it's best we place our bets evenly across the field.

In the mean time, here is an extract from CV4's webiste. It certainly reads well, both in it's technology and importantly, it's timeline. If I was an auto executive responsible for the battery supply of my vehicles, I know that I'd be reading this with interest, as well as anything else on offer.

If these descriptions below are true, and there is no reason to believe they're not, and scaleability is possible in 2019, then I can't see it getting left out from any serious considerations by those who need it all to be true and workable.

Yes, other technologies are in the pipeline, and they may come to dominate eventually, but point me to the investment opportunity in them and I'll take a look. Presently though, my money is going into what we know.

'
    'Generation 1 Battery

C4V Generation 1 batteries , commercially implementable right away and, will feature cobalt and nickel free cathode chemistry that boasts higher voltage and cycle lifetime than any of the currently available commercial materials. In addition, compositionally-patented modifications at crystal-level ensure unrivaled safety in the event of thermal runaway and fire exposure apart from an increased energy density and high-rate capability.

C4V anodes will contain graphite produced using in-house processing technologies, blended with its patent issued composite silicon. Predominantly present in current anode formulations, graphite requires expensive thermal and environmentally toxic chemical treatments to raise its purities above 99.95% for approved usage. C4V’s proprietary processing technology for purification and spheronization has not only eliminated the need for either of these , but also drastically improved the efficiency of commercially-ready equipment that achieve yields greater than 70% verses current technology that only achieve below 40%. Proven control over morphology, surface area, and particle size distributions ensure that its integration with composite silicon meets all desired performance metrics.

C4V’s composite Silicon, a game-changer for improved volumetric capacity and energy density, boasts a cheaper, scalable, and environmentally-friendly manufacturing process. Silicon has been long considered a desirable anode material given its specific energy capacity of > 3000 mAh/g. However, unsuccessful efforts to tame its drastic volume expansion experienced during lithiation have withheld its commercial viability. C4V’s composite Silicon technology eschews catastrophic volume expansion via nano-structuring which allows the primary particles to breathe within without cracking thereby retaining its structural integrity and delivering improved performance in return . C4V’s composite silicon is the perfect blend of chemistry and particle engineering to surpass commercial milestones.

C4V Generation 1 batteries will demonstrate energy densities and volumetric capacities above 200Wh/kg and >500Wh/L respectively. At the outset, design and optimization efforts have been focused on cylindrical and prismatic cells with 2170 and 3270 slated for production with improved heat dissipation. With the support of strategic partners and key acquisition of cell manufacturing equipments, production at a nominal 1 GWh scale is expected to commence starting the second quarter of 2019.'
    http://chargecccv.com/innovation/generation-1-tech

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.