LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

I turn my back for just a moment and miss out on all the action!...

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    I turn my back for just a moment and miss out on all the action! What wonderful news to wake up to here in Portland, Oregon. Congratulations folks... but especially to GV & Co who keep on delivering - we're fortunate to have ya'll leading our charge! Stonepeak keeping the faith and remaining very bullish with a $1.5 Billion commitment(for full 8MT), up from their original $660 Million(covering 4MT) signed on Oct 24 2013... quite reassuring i would say!! Such a strong message this sends out to potential off-takers... an announcement of equal importance to a signing of a BTA, becoming even more attractive and further strengthening talks with buyers who will now be circling the ant, ready to pounce! From here my dream is to see a BTA locked in during November/December right before hopefully switching over to the US stock exchange, with an avalanche of momentum driving the SP towards FID.

In terms of where the demand might come from, lets add Japan to the equation. Firstly, on June 28, Japan's anti-monopoly regulator(Fair Trade Commission) ruled that all new contracts for LNG should not contain destination clauses on reselling cargoes of the fuel, with the idea to increase liquidity in the market which is going to be a key step towards market liberalization and development of a pricing hub. Producers in Qatar, Malaysia and Oman will be affected, having several long term contracts up for re-negotiation: Qatar - 2MT Expiring in 2021. Malaysia - 5.3MT Tepco Expiring 2018, 2.6MT Tokyo Gas Expiring 2018. Oman - 0.8MT Expiring 2021. This could greatly benefit new potential suppliers in the US.   In 2016, Japan's total send out capacity was 9.7 TCF/Y (194MT) of which 100.78MT is contracted and 93.9MT is produced by the Minami Nagaoke Gas fields. The country is constrained on how much LNG it can receive based on berthing, ship size and other infrastructure limitations(pipeline network). Currently has 32 major import terminals, 2 new builds and 2 expansions that are all under construction... all uncontracted looking for suppliers:

Hitachi - 1.6MT Expected commissioning 2021 (expansion)
    Ishikari - 1.6MT " 2020 (expansion)
    Soma - 1.6MT " 2017
    Toyama Shinko - 1.2MT " 2018
    Higashi Ohgishima - 1.8MT " 2022/23 (proposed)

Lets saviour the moment and soldier on!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.