COI 0.00% 20.0¢ comet ridge limited

Regarding the $13.15 million loanto COI from Santos that was...

1. 142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166

Regarding the $13.15 million loanto COI from Santos that was used by COI to acquire Australia Pacific LNG PtyLtd.’s (APLNG) 30% interest in the Mahalo Gas Project.

As I read things - Santos has asix-month option to acquire an additional 12.86% interest in Mahalo from COI atthe proportional acquisition value which from my reckoning has to be ‘done anddusted’ by the end of this year. Should this option be exercised - COI’sinterest in Mahalo will drop to 57.14% and the loan repayable to Santos will decreaseproportionally. At that point Santos will move up to a 42.86% interest inMahalo – leaving COI with 57.14% but still there will be an $8 million loanoutstanding to Santos.

Santos also has the right to buy50% of the other COI 100% owned Mahalo Blocks and equalise its stake in themain Mahalo Hub by a further 7.14% -- BUT as I understand it – so the good news– at a price to be hammered-out between both parties.

Here’s the downside – COI owesSantos £13.15 million and COI has limited fund availability.

However - as suggested in aprevious post – I’m as certain as I can be that our management team are workinghard to attract an alternative farm-in partner who has the funds and experienceto fast-track Mahalo North to development.

Here’s the upside - Mahalo Northlooks as if it is the most productive pilot production well ever sunk inQueensland now producing over 1.7 MMcfd - so anyone farming-in to Mahalo Northcould potentially fast track Mahalo North to production which in turn couldeasily bleed the gas from the Main Mahalo Block to Mahalo North.

Thus Santos has a dilemma – whatdo they do? Wait on the side-lines hoping that COI will run out of money - or –make a move now to either buy into all the Mahalo Blocks on a 50% basis at aprice to be agreed (other than the 12.86% pro-rata rate in the main MahaloBlock) – alternatively make a move to buy out COI in entirety?

One thing we do know is that gasis in short supply – not just in Australia but throughout the world and thesituation is not going to improve – so I would have thought that there must becandidates other than Santos who would love to jump into the frame on aJV/Farm-in basis to snaffle 50% of Mahalo North which has the highest everproducing pilot production well in Queensland. Likewise - those same guys mightalso be in the frame to buy COI out in entirety.

Let the games commence.

Good luck all…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $221.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 20.0¢ $43.46K 217.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 335596 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.