ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 557 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    Wow, I didn't expect my comment to generate the thread it has, but a bit more background for everyone on what I know for sure to help....

The current Henty EBA ended in June 2023. So they've been negotiating on a new one for over a year. Not sure what suddenly caused them to go to the media but obviously they can't agree on a deal (unions and CYL). Also possibly influencing the situation is Saputo and their striking workers on the north west coast (which would be in the same media the Henty miners read - eg, The Advocate). Saputo Tassie workers are demanding a 20%+ pay rise to bring their wages in line with the mainland processing centres that Saputo owns.

Different industries, yes. But tell that to a Henty miner that wants what everyone else has.

I understand ordinary rank-and-file operators / trades at Henty are not part of a share plan, so this could be one negotiating angle for CYL. I also think this is a terrible time to be trying to negotiate a pay deal given the recent inflation rate (although it is slowly dropping). Unions will want a big jump in pay rate, CYL will be resisting it claiming inflation is heading south. Very messy for all concerned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.