BYL 0.00% 8.0¢ brierty limited

BYL originally stated that FY2015 NPAT would be, “. . ....

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    BYL originally stated that FY2015 NPAT would be, “. . . dependent upon the outcome of a contract variation and insurance claim – minimum NPAT of $2.9 million with upside to $9.2 million.”

This suggests the sum of the claims was the difference – that is $9.2m – $2.9m = $6.3m. But this is after tax, so before tax it would be $9m. As the insurers paid $2.5m, I assume the contract variation sought is for about $6.5m before tax, or $4.55m after tax. To put the residual $4.55m into perspective, it is $4.55m ÷ 126.5m = 3.6c per share – that is, a welcome 1-off, but not massively significant in the long term.

I do not really know, but I have the impression that the contract variation with Main Roads WA is more a matter of bureaucratic process than being a difference of opinion. It is often a routine matter to get numbers into a government agency's budgets, but it can be extremely difficult to find extra funds if a budget line-item goes over budget. Government agencies are notorious for being populated by process-driven, risk-averse individuals, so rather than a senior Main Roads WA employee resolving the matter, it is tossed into a dispute resolution process to obviate any personal risks.

Investors seem to be warming to BYL  – it was a welcome spot of green in a background of red today. Apart from hauling in some NPAT from FY2015, FY2016 should be a good year, because it will not have the front-end costs and delay that the RIO contract caused in FY2015.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.