ENR 2.33% 44.0¢ encounter resources limited

It is an interesting question for which one.....Would have to be...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8674
    It is an interesting question for which one.....
    Would have to be a fly on the wall in CHN and perhaps ENR's boardroom to do much more than speculate.

Some dates
    3/4 TH for CR
    8/4 CHN acquires shares from CR $1.5M
    11/4 SLR ceases being a major SH
    23/4 CHN announces being a major SH with SLR+CR shares.

To participate in the CR probably indicates that the SLR shares in ENR were on the block and may be the reason they were 'allowed' in. Very exclusive club to which not many get invited.

SLR and KOTH are (have) in the process of merging to produce an instant mid tier miner. Part of such mergers usually involve many changes such that there are synergies to reduce costs. Divestments are one way, though how the ENR parcel fits that is? Refer to first paragraph.

ENR/SLR basics above.
    ==============
    Why for CHN?
    As many have commented TG is a canny investor with a checkered record of wins and near misses but not many losses I am aware of (there will be a few though not catastrophic).
    CHN was split awhile back into a base metal and Au companies. CHN base metals are the entity that now are major SHs in ENR. They are explorers so very likely the investment in ENR is related to that rather than just an investment for capital return.
    CHN base metals are struggling even with a tremendous discovery at Gonneville/Julimar. Cashed up but nowhere(?) to effectively put the funds?? Unlikely but a thought. Most here would like that problem. One reason I chose not to invest in WA1 at $1-2 when I first registered it as a neighbour to ENR which I already held.

Why not WA1 instead of ENR? Fly on wall needed for this and the whole logic of the investment.

A confidentiality agreement with ENR/CHN to get into data room of ENR? Liked what they saw and encouraged CHN to go that way. IMO most of what could be seen is out in public view. Yes the details of individual anomalies would have been examined in minute detail by experts including CHN's if they were allowed in.

That CHN have stumped up the cash suggests they like what they have seen. It would be in their interest to share any expertise that isn't proprietary. Can't imagine too much that wouldn't already be available to ENR's team. Still, as I have said before, a second opinion doesn't necessarily do any harm.

Lots of words to say I don't really know.

SP at 40c means CHN are up some 30% vs a similar amount if they had bought WA1 around a month ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.