CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 16,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6998
    Hi Tally,

That is not totally correct, I take it you haven't read the SA government's mining assessment report about Siviour?

It is noted that five of the asbestos intersections were outside of the pits proposed in the MP but within the larger pit contained in the expansion scenario (Chapter 19 of the Proposal). It is likely that larger pit would result in asbestos material being mined.

No specific outcome is provided by Ausmin for asbestos. An asbestos management plan (AMP) has been drafted and proposes an asbestos disposal area within the TSF which would require an EPA licence. Asbestiform minerals have been intercepted at depth and if mined, this would primarily occur late in the mine life. Asbestiform minerals have been primarily recorded in calc-silicate. Use of calc-silicate rock, extracted during mining operations at Siviour, for any construction or road base etc., should only be considered for rock that is demonstrated to be ‘asbestos free’. The AMP contains sections on identification of asbestos, risk assessment, monitoring of asbestos and control measures including handling and disposal. As the AMP is draft it would require finalisation for the PEPR, should a lease be granted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.