DEG 0.41% $1.21 de grey mining limited

Ann: Major extension of sulphide mineralisation at Hemi, page-38

1. LPN
    142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 494
    Hi HotRods65; There is absolutely no evidence to suggest a roaster would be required. Nobody uses roasters these days anyway. The last 30 years have been either bacterial oxidation or autoclave. But to clarify, "intense" in this case is up to 20% sulphides and averaging 5% - hardly enough to suggest it might be refractory but very exciting as an indicator.

Quick primer, I cant think of any (unoxidised) gold orebody in Western Australia that doesnt have some sulphides associated with it and very few are classed as refractory. The sulphides are an indicator of gold - when sulphur comes out of solution it changes the acidity of the fluids and gold often comes with it. That is why they are mentioning it - until assays come back they are very excited about any sulphides because you can see them and they indicate probable gold. Assays are still weeks away though - the labs are very busy.

In this case, pyrite (the little yellow dots with a dice-cube shape) is very rarely refractory at all. Arsenopyrite (the grey stuff in the sericite) can be refractory but doesnt look like there is much here.

To your other points - the cover is relatively minor, less than 50m. No issues there so long as there is enough ore beneath it. Grade is also relatively high so far, much higher than most open pits would expect to average (anything over 1.5g/t is a high grade open pit, I've recently worked at a pit that is averaging 1.1-1.3g/t and mining at less than AU$1000/oz, all-in). This thing is looking like potential for a 1000m long x 600m wide x 200m deep pit which would be larger than most, smaller than some. And then potential for an underground mine below it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.21
Change
-0.005(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $2.887B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.22 $1.22 $1.19 $7.046M 5.872M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 29087 $1.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 79225 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.