SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

The announcement was a nice step for sure, jumping over every...

1. 2,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    The announcement was a nice step for sure, jumping over every hurdle must be pretty daunting in getting orbital space thingies to work and talk and bounce stuff around. But really it's nothing most people on here didn't already assume, that they're up, they're working, talking to each other, orbiting, etc. To me this was just an announcement of reassurance that nothing unforeseen had occurred. Of far more interest to me are a couple of revelations over the weekend that I wasn't aware of. Combined with a couple of other snippets of common material it paints a very encouraging picture for the future.

So, this from SAS's investor presentation (Mar '17):

"3 nano-satellites: ~ A$3m pa so far • SAS already pre-sold services over Africa for the demonstration phase (SatSpace Africa) and negotiating with other global telco’s"

....combined with this from an interview with Meir in the AFR on April 10, 2017

The company has already signed its first wholesale agreement with Sat-Space Africa, which forecasts $US500,000 ($666,000) in revenue from only a small portion of capacity provided by the first three satellites.

.......and this from the July 2 article:

"
    You have already sold the capacity on the three pilot satellites. Was it a surprise to you to sell the capacity and to have the customers come forward?"

......along with this from the same article:

"
    Can you tell me about the interest that you are getting in the next batch of satellites?
    That’s where the really interesting things happened. The agreements that we have are for the full constellation."

......paints a very rosy picture indeed. How much is the 'small portion' of the load that Satspace Africa have purchased for 660k? 10%? 5%? 1%? And now they have apparently sold the entire capacity, and some (or perhaps all, it's vague) of the agreements are for the entire constellation.

I'm not familiar with the July 2 source but it seems legit. Am I missing something here? Their business plan seems to be far further advanced than has yet been announced (possibly a combination of the apparent lightning speed with which the clients have piled on and perhaps a desire to get through the testing phase before they can cement the agreements and announce), but it is looking particularly promising from where I'm sitting

Disclaimer: I've been told I say stupid things, and that I will never make money on markets. I hope they're wrong!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.