CHN 4.19% $1.03 chalice mining limited

Great research! This instills so much confidence in me, not only...

1. 1,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    Great research! This instills so much confidence in me, not only that we would be surrounding a mining major acquisition, but for Chalice's strategic position. I don't think Chalice will sell the entire package to Agnico as you suggest.

I don't think Chalice was ever really interested in performing de facto extensional drilling for Cartier along the strike which would increase the project economics for the Chimo gold mine. Chalice has repeatedly stated that they are looking for a multi-million ounce discovery on the Canadian tenements. The discoveries from drilling along Chimo's strike were not the discoveries management were looking for.

However, if Cartier (or Agnico) continues to drill out the Chimo restart play and the mine gets restarted, then the de facto extensional drilling that Chalice performed for Cartier culminating in the "Simon West" discovery comes into play. The strike is proven to continue along from Chimo, Chalice only abandoned the concept because they were looking for a much more significant discovery. However, drilling at further depth as has been done at Chimo could prove an economic extension for a mine restart. 

I think that Chalice might drill out those soil anomalies along strike from Chimo and Simon West before packaging the tenements for sale. This would result in further non-dilutionary capital for Chalice's work on the large anomalies at Anderson, Legrand and Pyramid Hill. Such a sale could fund 2020/2021 exploration expenditures. Chalice is in an enviable position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.045(4.19%)
Mkt cap ! $400.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.05 $1.06 $1.03 $1.819M 1.746M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1259 $1.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.04 1442 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CHN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.